Tips on eating healthy
1. Avoid all sodas (regular and diet) or sweet drinks including fruit juices
that are processed.
2. I recommend nothing white by mouth. No white sugar, white rice, white pasta,
white flour and white potatoes if you are diabetic.
3. Increase vegetables significantly and eat more fruit daily, especially berries.
Eat as many raw fruits and vegetables as possible, but cooked and lightly
steamed are acceptable. Avoid canned vegetables and eat no canned fruits. Eat
fruit only raw or frozen.
4. Do not eat processed meats such as bologna and other lunch meats, hot dogs,
canned meats such as spam and vienna sausages, corned beef hash. etc, or
bacon and sausage. Canned fish may have toxins so beware.
5. And most importantly avoid all margarine, spray oils, and bottled or canned
oils that have been heated and processed. This includes canola, peanut,
safflower, sunflower, crisco, soy and corn oils, etc. Also avoid olive oil this is
not extra virgin.
So what is one to eat! Listed are some of the ideal foods for good health.
Sea foods, wild caught game such as deer and rabbit, grass fed beef, pasture raised chickens, pastured eggs or home grown eggs that are allowed to run free during the day, fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts (raw only), and if available raw cheese, yogurt, and other fermented foods and drinks.
We have a great many choices but have to rethink our diet and how to prepare foods that are truly healthy and help cure disease instead of causing it.